1. Clean or have your gutters cleaned out. A minimal investment in time or money will prevent costly problems and mold. Leaves and debris build up, and once the icy weather comes water freezes in your gutters, preventing drainage forcing melting ice and snow underneath the shingles.
2. Clean then stow away outdoor furniture. This extends the life of your comfortable and good looking chaises and chairs to preserve them for spring and summer use.
3. Plant bulbs for those beautiful spring-blooming flowers. If you plant bulbs in October/November, as soon as the soil has cooled down, you’ll get a big payoff next spring. Select a spot in your yard that gets full sun during the day for a successful first attempt.
4. Turn off your outdoor plumbing; drain any faucets and sprinkler systems. Cover them to protect them from the upcoming freezing weather.
5. Repair cracks in asphalt and concrete to prevent water damage and the freeze-thaw cycle from destroying your driveway and walkway. Improve your curb appeal; consider having a new paver stone driveway installed.
6. Begin composting. Make your garbage work for you! Get bigger more nutritious vegetables, fruits, plants and herbs with composting. If you don’t already have compost bins, now is the time get some.
Mountain Road Landscaping specializes in providing customers in Jim Thorpe, Northampton and the Lehigh Valley area with brilliant and unique landscape design options as well as landscape maintenance services. We take great pride in our work; every part of the landscaping process is mapped out, organized, and implemented with precision and care to our customer’s satisfaction.
Mountain Road Landscaping
Pocono Mountains: (570) 350-6408
Lehigh Valley: (610) 428-4102
Residential and Commercial
Landscaping and Hardscaping Design & Installation Services
Lawn Maintenance, Spring and Fall Cleanup
Serving the Poconos to Lehigh Valley, PA
Monroe County, Northampton County, Pike County, Lehigh County, Carbon County and Wayne County, PA Areas