Do you want to add life, color and curb appeal to your landscape, and you live in the PA-NJ area? Consider some of the following easy to grow, low maintenance, garden plants for your yard.
- Bellwort Wildflowers are perennial low-growing plants with dangling yellow flowers. This plant does well in partial shade.
- Coral Bell plants are great for attracting hummingbirds with their beautiful spikes of pink, white or red flowers. They require full sun and bloom in the late spring/early summer time.
- Eastern Bluestar is a lovely star-shaped spring perennial flowers. They thrive in areas where they will have sun exposure.
- Jacob’s Ladder makes for excellent ground cover in areas with partial to full shade. They have loose clusters of either white, pink, blue or yellow flowers which hang like bells from their long stems.
- Sweet Autumn Clematis is a climbing vine that grows in full or partial sun, the billowy masses of fragrant flowers is juxtaposed against leathery dark green leaves bloom in the late summer to fall.
- Swamp Milkweed is wonderful for attracting monarch butterflies. They do require full sun and their pink flowers blooms in the mid-summer.
- Trillium is a pretty white wild flower that blooms in early spring.
- Wild Ginger has fuzzy, heart-shaped leaves that make for a great shady ground cover.
- Woodland Iris is the perfect flower for partially shaded garden spots with their beautiful blue-violet flowers.